« 

Abortion pill in uk>?????

know about the abortion pill that is avaliable on the NHS but will the GP let you have it on your first trip there?
I know there is something about 2 docters having to agree but didnt know if this applied to the pill abortion.
thanks

Pill

Hi, have you gotten the info you were looking for? It seemed like you were in a hurry for a quick fix when you first wrote last week, so maybe you wont be back to read these posts ... just wanted to say that rushing into a decision can lead you to do something you didnt really want and can never undo. By the way the abortion pill has a lot of risks you can read some of the stories on this forum about extreme long-lasting discomfort, nausea, bleeding. Also see http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/18/national/18abort.html. Some are lucky, some not so lucky. We are here is you want to talk about your situation good luck. Peace!

Yes,the two doctors thing applies to both the surgical abortion, and medical abortion.
You have to go see your gp, or go to a clinc (like faminly planning), then they will refer you to a hospital where the second doctor will talk to you about it and agree, youll have a scan and forms to fill in (about what procedure, consent and the risks involved).
Depending on how far along you are there may be a choice of a medical or surgical abortion.
When i had mine i went to the gp, was refered to a clinic to see a second doctor, then they booked an appointment in the hospital a week later. If you have a medical abortion theyll give you the first pill to take at the hospital, then send you home. Youll have to go back a day or two later for the next set of pills and usually have to stay there for the day.

Good luck x
If you have any question about the procedure feel free to pm me

Hi

by: red846

Hi I recently joined and have posted a question in the blog but I was wondering why no one has replied yet. Have I done it right? Thanks xx

Hi red

by: kersneckety

I don't see your post in the list on the main page.

Did you reply to an old post, or start your own thread?

I don't even know how you found this very old thread - the posts in it date from 2009!

Maybe try again. Click on Abortion up top, and then click on Create A Discussion, and that will start a new thread that people will see right up top when they look in the list.

This board is terribly glitchy and the site management pay no attention to it. So all we can do is keep trying if something goes wrong.

Also, while many women around the world do read it, not a lot of women come back to talk once they have had their abortion. You should find that one or two people will offer to talk if you start a new thread, though.

One word of advice: beware of replies, and especially private messages, from people who are not here to help ... they are here to try to get you to have a baby, whether just because they are anti-abortion or because they want your baby for adoption (either for themself or so they can make money by having it adopted by someone else).

You don't have to answer messages like that, and if you find them offensive you can click Alert on them. Not that it will do much good around here since the moderators never do their job, but it's always worth a try!

And meanwhile do read the more recent threads on the board to see whether there is anything there that might help you.

Best wishes.

Abortion pill in uk

The GP has to refer you up to the hospital for a scan, they need to check how many weeks pregnant you are. So 2 docs do need to see you. Good luck.

« 

10 most recent discussions

Number of replies Last post
  Pregnancy advocate
by: kersneckety1
  Honest and positive surgical abortion story
by: lorna2092
  Struggling with my abortion
by: holzeehx
  My personal experience with medical abortion
by: countrygurl

by: vardaanhospital
  Surgical abortion
by: quirkygirly2110
  Help me
by: scaredd

by: rakpokro
  Having doubts about abortion
by: leahjade2594
  Positive surgical abortion experience (10 weeks)
by: lala171717