it means to have both boobs done.i asked this question to my surgeon and my nurse and they both said it just means that ur having both boobs done.
i had overs but its still said bilateral breast augmentation on my file so go figure.
official definition bilateral
1. pertaining to, involving, or affecting two or both sides, factions, parties, or the like: a bilateral agreement; bilateral sponsorship.
2. located on opposite sides of an axis; two-sided, esp. when of equal size, value, etc.
3. Biology. pertaining to the right and left sides of a structure, plane, etc.
4. Chiefly Law. (of a contract) binding the parties to reciprocal obligations.
5. through both parents equally: bilateral affiliation. Compare unilateral (def. 7).
hope tht helps
is just another term for Partial Unders, which most of us who have "Unders" actually have. (It is very rare for surgeons to do totally under the muscle, my doc told me)
Ignore me. I don't know where my brain was, I was thinking about another medical term complately.
Bilateral means both breasts (as opposed to unilateral where perhaps someone was undergoing a reconstruction of one breast after cancer surgery or something).
bilateral means both breasts to be augumented not just one
lindsay x x x
Like you'd have only ONE done as an alternative?? PMSL!!!!!
Hunni, I had bi-lateral....its ACTUALLY partially under the muscle!!! HONEST!
bilateral means half under the muscle half over the muscle,
this is what im having on the 20th january, im so excited
It just means that both boobs are done. Bilateral means two sides.
So don't worry it's nothing odd.
ha ha^-i can be soo blonde!!!!